Thursday, December 9, 2010

Joey Gilmore - "Do It To Me One More Time"



This is my favorite kind of record: relatively cheap (under the ten dollar mark) and completely killer. I haven't been able to try this out on the dance floor yet but I have a feeling it'll kill em. Such an interesting song that combines elements of funk, blues and employs latin influenced rhythm. It's got gritty organ, piano, and Joey has a spectacular voice to boot.

As far as I could gather Joey Gilmore is a Florida based blues guitarist who is still active. Here is a link to his myspace page: Joey Gilmore Blues Band. I hope he doesn't mind me posting this because the people need to hear this song! The flip to this record is pretty exceptional too so I might post that up eventually.

See you in a minute!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know it was initially released on a private label. The one on Phil-a-soul goes for relatively little money on eBay but it's such a good record.

    ReplyDelete