Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Darrell Banks - "I've Got That Feelin'"




I'm going to be M.I.A. for a little while, or more accurately my computer is going to be M.I.A. for a little while. There's a huge gaping crack across the LCD screen of my lap top as I type this. Of course it's not covered under Applecare's bogus protection policy and it will probably cost a small fortune but the silver beauty shall rise again. I figured I'd get a post in before it goes off to be repaired.

I've been digging hard on the sounds of Revilot lately, specifically the early releases from The Parliaments. I went searching through my stash and came up with this one, which although it isn't a Revilot release it was recorded at the Revilot studios and features one of Detroit's most talented singers. Unfortunately Darrell Banks was cut down by a Detroit police officer at the young age of 35. "I've Got That Feelin'" is a serious booty-shaker with a terrific Northern sound. Love the bass on this track.

Hope y'all dig it and I'll see you as soon as my computer is returned to me.

1 comment:

  1. i just added you, cos you have a nice blog.please come and check my blog and if you like it please add and follow.
    http://psychedelicbaby.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete